Though MusicMDs musicians are not music therapists, we derive our inspiration from the art and science of Music Therapy.
What is Music Therapy?
"The use of music in therapy; the therapeutic use of music. There are many different definitions of music therapy ranging from the simple (a form of distraction that uses music as an aid to relaxation) to the lofty (the prescribed use of music to restore, maintain, and improve emotional, physical, physiological, and spiritual health and well-being). Definition source from MedicineNet website. For a detailed definition, please click the link below:
What are the Health Benefits of Music Therapy?
- Reduces stress hormones, boosts immunity & mood
- Reduces depression by 25%
- Reduces blood pressure (hypertension) & stabilizes heart beat
- Speeds post-stroke recovery
- Helps cure chronic migraines & arthritis pain
- Reduces fatigue & improves coordination